Friday, July 21, 2006

Driving through campus in a Mercedes convertible


In the US it is such as the students of the Southern Methodist University who are noted for driving through campus in Mercedes convertibles. Not only would I penalize these young people. But I would be loathe to graduate any from this style with a BPG, without a penalty for this. For how can such a personal environment create anything much of worth within a young person? And at what a terrible time, too -- the impressionable growing years. This is has nothing to do with envy. It has everything to do with going right against the spirit of a genuine education. I would go as far as to call this anti-education.

Isn't it a fact though, money is going to ease the path through life of anyone, education being no exception. GE 2000 is fully merit based and alongside amongst others the US Army, it would become one of the few institutions within society to be egalitarian, and to be transparently seen as such.

No comments: