Saturday, July 01, 2006

Genesis


It was CNN that set answers rolling. You see, they showed a few seconds clip of an Ojibwa Indian village in Canada’s far north, here the kids had threatened to kill themselves. What to make of that?

My second realization came from the NHK, Japan’s national broadcaster. Showed, were some very aged Korean comfort woman asking for an apology. “Not for the money” one said (though they were poor) but “to start afresh.” I understood from this the need for apology to begin true healing.
The third (and final) inspiration I received was from ABC Radio Australia, and this was from the folks on Norfolk Island. You see, theirs was to be the first community in the world to be lit by the rising 21st Century sun. I wondered - where might the last be? It turned out to be the very same, outside the place where I had parked my dream journey, Barrow, Alaska!

No comments: