How on earth was this thing going to move? A fair question. And in a world which is very much as French Prime Minister, Dominique de Villepin once wrote: “Reform seems to be against our nature; only revolution seems capable of overcoming inertia and imposing renewal.”
I do not for a minute doubt the severe currents of inertia in education, that which keeps our broken system moving, even in a matter so crucial even, as life/death. Though that end is seldom seen from our school car-park beginnings. The actual Democracy …of which I speak, is, I think, visible but like the Siberian shore across the Bering Straights, barely so. (The getting across is fiercely difficult, the currents there can reach 8 knots and it has only been achieved once, that in the late 90s and by a Russian father/son team).
The first thing that must happen is that somebody out there is going to have to read this, as it forms on this blog site. From there it might find its way to a teacher. For this is also Democracy Reaches the Teachers!
No comments:
Post a Comment